Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tote Bags (A Work In Progress)




 I love fabric. I really do.

I am making three "grocery" tote bags. I bought this fantastic pattern from Keyka Lou on Etsy. I have already made three of them, and I'm back for more. I have decided to make one as a Christmas gift, one for my daughter on request, and one for myself. (Which I may try to sell, just to see if they would be marketable for me) I really want to see if making several at a time cuts down the manufacturing time at all. If I do decide to sell them, I would want to be more efficient with that. As it is, one takes me three hours. If I pay myself $10/hour and figure on $10.00 in materials costs, I'd have to charge $40.00 per bag. I'm not thinking they'd sell well at that cost. So I'm trying to cut down time and costs as much as I can. I love these bags, making them is fun, choosing fabric combinations are fun, and selling them would be great. We'll see.

15"x20" cuts for the outside of the bags and the liners.

 Bag handles. (Same fabric as the liner)
Bag handles again.

This project is being interrupted by the Thanksgiving holiday. I will continue later in the weekend.










One down, two to go! I love how different these bags look depending on the fabric used! Totally different moods. =)












































Dear daughter chose these fabrics. We're giving this bag to her teacher for Christmas. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment