Saturday, December 11, 2010

Remnants!

 I love fabric. I've said that. But I love remnants! There is something about taking a "scrap" and turning it into something functional and fun. I love the lottery of never knowing what I will find in the remnant bin, and the fun of thinking through what a given remnant could become.

Tonight I was meeting a friend for dinner, and got notice that she'd be about 15 minutes late. The restaurant is conveniently located right near JoAnn Fabrics, so off I went. Whohoo!

I found these fabrics. Part of the lottery of it all is you never know exactly how much fabric you will get. The length of the fabric is always on the label, but the width is not. It might be 45", it might be 60". And it makes a big difference on what you can do with it.

Remnants are always marked down. For these two pieces, I paid $2.86. You gotta love that.

My thoughts are that the Christmasy woven fabric would make nice gift bags, and the peace symbol flannel would make cute pj bottoms for the kids. But who knows what will really become of them???........................

Yup, pj bottoms. But there was only enough for one pair. My daughter had begged more and said she just had to have peace signs pjs, so I made them for her. My son was very disappointed when I didn't have a pair for him, too, so I'm hoping JoAnn's has more of this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment