Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Worn Out Pants To Lovely Summer Shorts

 My daughter loves these velour pants, and wears them often. Being that they are velour, not the strongest fabric there is, they tend to wear at the knees after a while. (see below)
















 See what I mean? I asked Dear Daughter if I could cut then all up and make something interesting with them. She said, "Nah, just turn them into shorts." Brilliant!
 I cut the legs off just above the worn-out areas, and did a quick lettuce edge on the bottoms. Voila, shorts for summer! AND..... she LIKES them!
=) Now, what goofy thing can I do with the legs?!

2 comments:

  1. I know you posted this a while ago and have probably thrown the leg bits away but you could use them for soft toys. My daughter loves when I make her something from a favourite item of clothing and she gets to snuggle with it some more - the best form of recycling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Neat idea! I'll have to check if I tossed them or put them in my scrap bin. Not sure.

    ReplyDelete