Monday, April 4, 2011

Sewing For Charity - ConKerr Cancer

The Sewing Mamas group is encouraging its members this month to sew for charity. Among other groups, there is a link for an organization called ConKerr Cancer. The goal of this group is to provide as many children as possible who are battling cancer with a fun and comforting pillowcase. Even with my limited sewing time I figured I could put some of these together. There are drop-off locations in many areas around the U.S. For those who don't sew, there are plenty of other ways to contribute to this cause: become a coordinator for your area and collect/distribute pillowcases. Donate money or fabric. Etc.

I made my first pillowcase yesterday. The instructions are on the website, and are very straightforward. I put the word out to Facebook friends that I would sew up any fabric that was sent to me, and quickly received notice that some was being sent my way. Very cool. I have contacted the organization and have requested a button/link to put on the blog to make it easy for folks to get from here to there. In the mean time, click the link above and check it out.


#2








#3

No comments:

Post a Comment