Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Princess Heart Pillow

My daughter and I decided one day that we were going to turn her room into a "princess" room. I was surprised that she chose that theme, because she is not into princesses, but there it was. So we started to move things around and plan, and we ordered some pink sparkly sheets. After the sheets arrived, she decided she wanted to change the theme to stars and planets! I convinced her to stick with the plan since we'd already sunk a little moolah into it..... so she decided she'd turn her brother's room into a starts and planet room! (He disagreed) So back to princesses. I made this pillow tonight just as an accessory. It's made from some velvety soft pink fabric I had on hand already, and happens to have raised hearts on it. (Sometimes I think I buy fabric that is intended for something that I just don't know about at the time. The reason comes through sometime later on. =) I wanted to put some frilly, lacy ribbon around the edges, but didn't have enough in my stash to go all the way around. I used some for the top only. It's hard to see in the photo. But it just adds a little bit of sparkle. DD loves it, and so does DS. He actually fussed over it a lot more than she did. =D 

No comments:

Post a Comment