Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Boys Flower PJ Otto Top

That's a big title, I realize. Here's the story. About a year ago or so, I made myself a pj shirt. It's a long-sleeve knit jobby. The main part of the shirt is made from this knit:

Ever since I started to wear it, my 3-year-old son has been telling me he wants a shirt just like it. He loves this fabric. After about 10 times of hearing him ask me to make him something with it, I decided to do it. Yesterday we found a piece I had left over. Of course it is just a hair too small to work with. So I've appealed to the Sewing Mamas community to see if anyone has some. Otherwise, I'll have to get creative.



To make the project more interesting, I've decided to follow a pattern from an Ottobre magazine for the first time. These are extremely popular with the SMs. I have collected four of them, it's time to make something from one of them! I am going to make a top that looks similar to the one on the cover here.





This is one of three 2-sided pattern sheets that came with the magazine. Terrifying, ain't it? I managed to locate (ha!) and cut the three pattern pieces for the top. The instructions for cutting the binding are to just "measure what you'll need from the pattern pieces." Oh the ways I'll screw that up! lol

But for now, I await the fabric...

No comments:

Post a Comment