Friday, March 11, 2011

Children's Tool Belt

Today I mentioned to my 3-year-old that I wanted to make him a tool belt. He decided that was a great idea, and that we should make it right then! So we did!

Together we made a pattern. He approved of the mushroom fabric, so we ironed it and cut the pieces.







The back pieces and the ties sewn together, and the pocket ready to be flipped right side out.













By this point I was on my own (lol.) Here is a close-up of the stitching to divide the pockets. I asked him how many pockets he wanted, and he said "4."











Done! Here's the front.














Here's the back. I did a simple velcro closure on the back so that he could practice putting the tool belt on and taking it off by himself.

My only dislike in this project was that I did the back and the pocket piece as two separate pieces, then stitched them together. The bottom looks horrible. If I did this again I would create the entire front piece as one (front fabric piece with pocket sewn on) then put that together with the back fabric piece right-sides together, then flip. Much neater.

But he's very happy with it, and that makes me happy. =)

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment