Sunday, March 13, 2011

Baby Jumper

Someone near and dear to me is expecting a baby this summer, so I'm excited to make baby stuff. I asked the Sewing Mamas group for favorite layette patterns, and one person sent me the links for this PATTERN (instructions) PATTERN (PATTERN PIECES)

Here I am gathering supplies.







Cutting my pieces.














Little tiny pieces =)













Gusset on.














Making the trim pieces.















Front pieces serged on, and trim added.













Sleeves on.













Sides sewn together.

 Pinning trim together in preparation for snaps.













I haven't done this for a while. I've had trouble with these snaps in the past. I put them on cloth pads and they kept popping off! Very scary proposition on baby clothes! I went to the website of the snaps, and these snaps got huge amounts of positive reviews, with a couple of complaints thrown in. The company responded to the complaints, and I learned a bit more about snaps. Armed with this information, I decided to try these on the baby suit. But first I made a "fake" trim, put a snap in it, and worked it out - a lot! It held...




I got quite a few of them on before smashing one... three times in a row!! Ugh. No problem. I also learned from the Kam snaps website that a screwdriver takes the snaps off again, and I found it easy to do so.









 All done. I love how this came out, and I really like the pattern too. So I think I'll make a bunch of these for my dear nephew due in July. =)






No comments:

Post a Comment