Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Nursing Pads

 My sis is expecting, and is due in a month. I have been trying to think of things to send her that are necessary, but not the first thing that most baby shower gift givers would think of. This morning I was in my bedroom and noticed a pile of nursing pads that were absolutely indispensable when my kids were babies. So I went on Etsy and started to poke around the offerings. The first thing that struck me is that it was difficult to find plain white! The funky, patterned, colorful pads were interesting to look at, but I used white, and that worked for me! I did finally find some, but I thought the serging around the edges looked so-so at best. Then I wondered why I was even looking. They cannot be hard to make, and I happen to have some white flannel left-over from my cloth diaper making days.

 I looked around for something round that was about the size I was looking for, and decided to use a plastic container lid. It was perfect. I traced circle after circle, and started cutting.






I have cut 16 circles so far, which should make four pads of medium absorbancy. I'll serge them later, and see if they're really as easy as they seem. =)







 Sergio is doing a nice job of trimming and serging. =)
All done. Easy! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment