Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Carry-All Tote

I decided to make my son a bag for school, although school for him does not start until September. =) He is very nervous about starting school, so I thought I'd ease him in with periodic discussions and whatnot. We were talking one day, and I told him I'd make him a school bag with whatever fabric he chose. He chose Buzz Lightyear. He also chose the coordinating fabric color. =)

Working on the straps.
The shell and lining of the bag.
This is a close-up of the stitching on the handles. The are triple-stitched on each side. These straps are durable. I know. I have made four others, and actively use two of them. (Two were gifts) I beat the heck out of them, and they've held up perfectly. I have yet to see any sign of wear after about a year of constant use. Now dirt is another thing....
Attaching the straps.
Sewing the shell to the lining.








Hand-stitching the turning-hole together.










Here it is! It's leaning against the wall, so it's slouching.








Little boy holds it up for all the world to see!





No comments:

Post a Comment