Saturday, January 29, 2011

Reusable Cloth Snack/Lunch Bags

 I had a completely different idea of what I was going to work on tonight, but then I remembered these neat little bags. I had received an email from AllFreeSewing.com with a tutorial (on YouTube) for these. Simple design, earth-friendly, easy to care for. And none of that questionable water-proof fabric often seen in reusable snack bags. I got so excited to throw some of these together that I didn't think to take "progress" photos, but here are two of the finished bags. I made three. The one not shown was my practice bag, which quickly got put to use by my daughter. =)


These bags are made from woven fabric with a sewn in flap at the top. Flip the flap over the top to open and fill the bag, and flip it back over to secure the goodies.

I love anything like this that is environmentally friendly (no trash, reusable, washable) non-toxic (no plastic or chemicals) and fun. My kinda thing. It takes less time to make one of these than it does to drive to the store for a new box of plastic zip-loc bags.

I'll try to remember to take a picture with that flap open so the opening shows.







 A friend of mine asked me to take a photo of one of the snack bags with something on it to show the size, so here is one with food, and the one below shows the bag with my daughter's water bottle inside. Both are taken with my daughter's lunch bag in the picture.
Sorry for the fuzzy photo.


















Jan 30: I made more of these tonight. I am enjoying them because they allow me to play with my serger, and they don't take too long to make, so I have something to show for my efforts in the same night.

I'm trying these on ebay and etsy. Just curious.

I shared the link to the etsy listing on Facebook, and I've gotten two commissions tonight! Very excited. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment