Thursday, February 10, 2011

Guess What I'm Making! Secret Revealed! ;)

I thought it might be fun to play a little guessing game. I am making something, well, two somethings actually. They are the same thing with slight variations. As I create the things, I will post pictures of the process. See if you can guess what I'm making!

Oh I just love fabric. I could spend a fortune on it and hours - days - looking at it. That may seem strange to some of you, but there are those of you who know what I mean. It's love.

Here are the fabrics for this project. The top one was bought at the same time but is not part of this project. The greens go together, and the pinks/stripes go together.



Here's a close-up of one of the pinkies. Cute, eh? =)









Coordinating fabric for the butterfly/ladybug fabric.









Pressing these pieces....









For the other one.... cutting the greens. =)

That's it for right now..... any guesses yet? Remember, there are two of "them" being made at once. More pictures and hints to come!







A little stitchin' here and there.....









I strayed from the tutorial here. I'm adding some fusible interfacing to add a bit of stiffness rather than using pre-quilted fabric.








All of my pieces are ready to be put together!









Right sides together... I am straying from the tutorial again here. Rather than put the pieces together wrong sides together with binding, I'm stitching them together inside-out and flipping them.







Stitched and flipped. Just needs to be top-stitched. Still confused? You have until tomorrow to guess! ;) (When I'll have time to finish it)








Ok, the day has come to reveal what I've made! It's a......... Crayon Roll! It's a double-sided crayon roll for a young girl who has a bunch of pastels she'd like to tote around. I did not make one large enough to hold 36 of them (!!) because I thought the roll would end up too bulky, but this one holds 26, which is quite a few. If you look closely at this photo, you can see my pencil and sewing marker demonstrating how it works. ;)

Fold it in half like this before you roll. Nothing can escape! Now roll it up, tie the ribbons together....




Et voila! =D

Now I must get to work on the second one!







The pieces...









Putting them together...








I like how this came out!





I didn't have a crayon, but you get the idea.









Love it. I hope the "requester" does!


 Got a request for dinos and bold colors. My daughter said this fabric was the one, and she was right!




Cute.







Not sure about the ribbon. I mean, the color is great with this fabric, but perhaps it's a bit wide? I dunno. Anyhow, I'm happy with it. =)


7 comments: