Sunday, February 6, 2011

Thoughts of Valentine's

Somewhere along the line I signed up to received emails from All Free Sewing (.com.) Just about every day I get one with links to free sewing patterns and tutorials. This one came along a day or two ago, and I thought it was really cute. It's a sewn tic tac toe game. The front is made with felt (I used fleece b/c that's what I had) and ribbon. The game board is stitched to another piece of felt (fleece) with a flap on top, making it a pocket for the pieces. (cute idea, eh?)





Here's the pocket...











Here's a close-up of some of the pieces. I still have to do the opponent pieces. I think these are cute, with the contrast color in back cut with pinking shears.

I just love the idea of something fun that isn't filled with sugar! =) Mine doesn't look as neat as the one in the email, but maybe that's just cuz I'm too much of a perfectionist. Anyhow, something different! And fun to make.

I had just enough time tonight to make one "x" =)

No comments:

Post a Comment